Meet Faith Dagana, the bald 18 year old Nigerian model With Alopecia (photos)


Alopecia areata is a type of hair loss that occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles, Faith Dangana is a Nigerian student, a typical example of an elegant young lady with this disease.

Faith is from Bayelsa state, a Law student at the Rivers state university of science and technology, Port Harcourt and works as a model for Image Tower.


She talked about her experience with Alopecia, how she started noticing it when she was in JSS2 and how it had an impact on her life at that stage.

Read via The Improviser

Samuel: Hello
Faith: Hello

Samuel: Do I need to introduce myself?
Faith: I have a prior knowledge of our meeting, Although I don’t know your name (with a smiley)

Samuel: My name is Samuel, Samuel Philip.
Faith: Nice to meet you, I am Faith Dagana




Samuel: Where are you from?
Faith: I am from Bayelsa, ( A state in southern Nigeria)

Samuel: I learnt you are presently studying…
Faith: yes I am a law student at the Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Samuel: You model for @ImageTower right?
Faith: Yes I do

Samuel: Tell me, are you naturally bald? Looking at all your pictures I can’t seem to find any with hair, what is your conflict with the hair?
Faith: chuckles, well yes, I am naturally bald



Samuel: -Emotional at this point, - Can you tell me more?
Faith: It is actually a hormonal deficiency, Alopecia, and it’s not very common in this part of Africa. I started experiencing it when I was in JSS2.

Samuel: Is it Partial?
Faith: Nope, its whole, I am completely bald.



Samuel: How did you learn to deal with it, I mean the whole confidence to do what you do
Faith: when it came, I was sad and depressed, whenever I go out with my mum or friends I got laughed at, this made me very shy, later on I was more observant to certain people giving me compliments and stuff then I looked up to people in fashion like Alek Wek, Tyra Banks who had Alopecia at a point in their life and yes the late Talia Joy who later became the face of Cover Girl Magazine, it gave me the courage to come out bold and do me!
I have been called a lot of names but I just ignored them and kept being the best I can.


Samuel: How many people know about this?
Faith: Well, most people do because I create awareness using my social media, educating people who are interested to know about it. I actually started by tagging my pictures on IG and Facebook with #BoldisBeautiful, with this people go to do research about Alopecia.

Samuel: Interesting.. do you have an idea why it is you with Alopecia?
Faith: Actually, it’s a hormonal deficiency. My hormones are imbalanced and my immune systems see my hair as a virus and attack them, it is not in my family lineage although.

Samuel: You are really beautiful, do you have a boyfriend?
Faith: - Laughing and blushing, No.



Samuel: Why?
Faith: I’ve got my mind on other things, right now its all about the education and making sure I lay a proper foundation for my future.

Samuel: So, how did you meet the amazing Photographer- James from Image Tower? 
Faith: He came up to me and asked me to do a shoot with him, so I thought about it and accepted the offer.

Samuel: James must really have great eyes; you will do amazing in this business.
Faith: yes, he is doing a great job

Samuel: final question my dear, will you rather be a successful model or to be free from Alopecia?
Faith: Being successful in this business is what id go for anytime, any day, I love the way I am, I do not see it as a disability, I see it as the creator’s style for my existence.






from Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog http://ift.tt/26DxgiW
via IFTTT
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar